My winter project. It has been fun to pick away at it as I have time. Today I cut all the 1x6 boards in half. I now have 12 boards as 6 bookmatched pairs ready for the planer. If I was doing it again I would have put a teflon "skid" inside the 4x4s of the jig to make things slide a little easier.
No version of side rails was working for me. Everything was cracking. I switched to using multiple strips appx 3/8 thickness. I'm slowly making progress. Should have the rails done next week. Pics soon.
Making slow progress. Side rails are shaped and fair. Tail is in and fair. Starting the nose this week. I won't have it done before school starts again in Fall. Looking forward to finishing the glass after graduation and using it next summer.